Professional In Mold Decoration Mold Manufacturer
In Mold Decoration Parts
In-Mold Decoration (IMD) is the process in which the molding and transfer of the printing/decoration are done simultaneously when open the mold is opened, the part is decorated and graphics are embedded in the part. This process is widely used in certain industries. Kemal would like to show you some photos of our samples. Kemal would like to show you some of our sample photos.
Why choose Kemal Make In Mold Decoration Molding
The in-mold decoration is a process developed to provide our product designers with alternatives to decorative plastic products. Kemal’s experienced in-house engineering and mold design and build teams often use robotic automation as part of their efforts to increase speed and accuracy. We can meet your current part specifications, reduce operating costs, and streamline the production process. Helping you achieve your desired results. Kemal can provide free advice on your IMD project.
Contact Our Professional Team
Kemal Your Reliable In Mold Decoration Molding Manufacturer
In-Mold Decoration (IMD) and In-Mold Labeling (IML) offer design flexibility and results that are not possible with other processes and provide enhanced graphics to gain a competitive advantage in today’s marketplace. As a result, it is undoubtedly widely used in many industries.
Kemal has extensive experience in custom In-Mold Decorating (IMD) and In-Mold Labeling (IML) of all types and sizes, and our experts can help you select the right tooling and materials for your IMD application, as well as provide on-site technical support, including complete graphics and design services.
From concept to delivery, Kemal offers a competitive advantage in design, engineering, project management, manufacturing, and in-house tooling. Kemal provides custom In-Mold Decoration (IMD) and In-Mold Labeling (IML) service.
Contact us now and let us make a splash in your market.
More Questions You May Ask
IMD is a complicated, highly specialized process.
there are challenges at every phase of the development process from concept to production release.
In mold decoration is a one-step process compared to a multi-step process of post-molding decoration. so the mold design is the critical factor.
(1) Pre-position the in-mold labels (front and back labels) in the label box.
(2) With the opening of the mold, the front and back labels are sucked up by a robot. 3.
(3) Labels printed face inward and solid adhesive face outward are placed in both sides of the mold, and the vacuum holes in the mold attach the labels securely to the mold.
(4) When the raw material of the plastic container is heated and sagged into a hose, the mold with the label quickly closed, the air is blown into the hose, so that it is close to the mold wall, when the temperature in the entire mold is still relatively high, the label immediately adjacent to the prototype container solid adhesive began to melt and bond with the plastic container.
(5) When the mold is opened, the plastic container is formed and the label and container become integrated.
- Enhance the anti-counterfeiting function of the products, which is more in line with the brand protection needs of high-standard enterprises.
- in-mold labeling is beautifully printed, which greatly improves the packaging grade.
- Novel and beautiful form, not easy to fall off damage, waterproof, anti-oil, anti-mildew.
- Improve the health and safety of the packaged products, to prevent environmental pollution from secondary printing and labeling.
- The integrated cost is significantly lower than the traditional label
- Excellent recycling performance, no secondary pollution occurs.
IN-MOLD DECORATION: THE ULTIMATE FAQ GUIDE
As a professional the in-mold decoration manufacturer with 24 years of experience. Kemal pays 100% passion to serve you well.
Here is the FAQ list of the in-mold decoration. You could check any question about the in-mold decoration that you would like to know.
What are the advantages of the IMR process?
What’s the process of In-mold decoration?
What are the drawbacks In-Mold decoration？
For further communication just feel free to Contact Kemal Team.
Here is the FAQ List:
1. What is the in-mold decoration?
2. What are the advantages of products decorated within Mold?
3. Where can I apply In-Mold Decorating (IMD) and In-Mold Labeling (IML)?
4. What are the advantages of in-mold decoration?
5. What are the technical characteristics of the In-Mold Labeling (IML)?
6. What are the process characteristics of the molding roller?
7. What is the process difference between In-Mold Label and In-molding roller?
8. What is the difference between IMR/IML and IMF?
9. What are the disadvantages of the In-molding roller?
10. What is the process of In-Mold Labeling (IML)?
11. What are the advantages of the IMR process?
12. What’s the process of In-mold decoration?
13. What are the drawbacks In-Mold decoration?
14. What are the application advantages of UV curable inks In-mold decoration technology?
15. What are the process steps for In-Mold Decoration?
16. What is the process of In-Mold Decoration?
17. Why choose Kemal as the In-Mold Decoration supplier?
18. What affects the In-Mold Decoration process parameters?
19. What are the important points In injection molding?
20. What is the reasons for the easy separation of sheet materials In injection molding of In-Mold Decorating?
1.What is in-mold decoration?
The in-Mold decoration is a kind of product surface decoration technology.
The surface of the product is hardened and transparent film, with the middle printing pattern layer, the back injection molding layer, and the middle ink.
In-mold decoration can make the product resistant to friction, prevent the surface from being scratched, and keep the bright color for a long time.
The simple understanding is: can be in the injection mold to complete the decorative process of the process.
2.What are the advantages of in-mold decoration?
The advantages of products decorated within Mold are as below:
1) Because the ink is between the sheet material and the injection plastic material, the nice decorative picture, the sign is hidden. They do not suffer from friction or chemical corrosion and disappear.
2) Graphics, text, logo, and color design can be changed at any time without changing the mold.
3) The printing accuracy of 3d shape products is accurate with an error of + 0.05mm. It can provide text, logo backlight, and high light transmittance window effect.
4) The function key bulges evenly, feels well, life can reach more than 1 million times.
5) Three-dimensional change can increase the designer’s freedom in product design.
6) The colors are bright.
3.Where can I apply In-Mold Decorating (IMD) and In-Mold Labeling (IML)?
Home Appliances: Rice Cookers, washing machines, microwave ovens, air conditioners, refrigerators, and other control decorative panels;
Electronics: MP3, MP4, Calculator, VCD, DVD, Electronic Notepad, digital cameras, and other decorative shells, color shell and signs;
Automobile Industry: Instrument Panel, Air Conditioning Panel, interior parts, lamp housing, signs, etc.
Computer industry: keyboard, mouse, face shell;
Communications: Mobile Phone Keys, mobile phone lenses, mobile phone color shell, PHS and fixed phone panels, windows lenses;
Other Industries: Medical Devices, cosmetic boxes, decorative boxes, toys, sports and recreational
supplies, and so on.
4.What are the advantages of in-mold decoration?
The advantages of in-mold decoration are as below:
In-Mold decoration inlay injection molding technology is widely used in communication,
home appliances, electronics, automobile, instruments, instruments, medical equipment, toy, cosmetics, and other industries. The in-mold decoration is a new plastic decoration technology. It can be a three-dimensional change, increase the freedom of the designer, can design a variety of personalized modeling products, to meet the needs of the times.
In-Mold decoration technology can achieve injection molding, decoration integration,
once completed, but also can make a variety of special effects, such as button bubble,
metal mirror or smooth surface, metal drawing, backlight permeability, concave and convex dot pattern, etc., very decorative and functional.
In-Mold decoration technology is the best new technology to replace the painting and electroplating of plastic products, reduce the follow-up processing procedure of injection molding, promote and popularize In the plastic industry, can truly realize the significance of energy-saving and environmental protection, and will bring huge economic and environmental benefits to the society and enterprises.
Reduce the process cost: only open a set of mold, It can reduce the cost and labor,
be high automation production, the process is simplified, one injection molding process,
the molding and decoration achieved at the same time.
Reduce environmental impact: this technology is green and environmental protection, avoiding the pollution caused by traditional painting and electroplating.
5.What are the technical characteristics of the In-Mold Labeling (IML)?
The technical characteristics of the In-Mold Labeling (IML) are as below:
The surface is a layer of hardened transparent film, the middle is the printing pattern layer,
the back is the plastic layer, because the ink is sandwiched in the middle, the product can prevent the surface from being scratched and abrasion-resistant, and It can keep the color bright and not fade for a long time.
6.What are the process characteristics of the in molding roller?
The process characteristics of the in molding roller are as below:
In molding roller is the design printed on the film,
Through the diaphragm and plastic film feeding machine model cavity fit for injection molding, injection molding of figure case after the ink layer and membrane separation, ink layer on the plastic parts and get the decorative pattern at the surface of the plastic parts, in the final product surface is not a layer of transparent protective film, the diaphragm is just a carrier of the production process.
But the advantages of the In-molding roller are the high degree of automation in production and the low cost of mass production.
7.What is the process difference between In-Mold Label and In-molding roller?
The process difference between In-Mold Label and In-molding roller is as below:
The biggest difference between the two processes is whether there is a transparent protective film on the surface of the product.
8.What is the difference between IMR/IML and IMF?
The difference between IMR/IML and IMF are as below:
IMR: mobile phone shell, Flat Shell, Home Appliance Shell
IML: Bottle label, Food Box
IMF: some irregular items
9.What are the disadvantages of the In-molding roller?
The disadvantages of the In-molding roller are as below:
The printed pattern layer is only a few microns thick on the surface of the product.
After using the product for a period of time, the printed pattern layer will wear away and fade easily.
In addition, the development cycle of new products is long, the development cost is high, and the pattern color cannot be changed flexibly in small batches.
10.What is the process of In-Mold Labeling (IML)?
The process of In-Mold Labeling (IML) is as below:
3) Ink drying and fixing.
4)Sticking protective film.
5) Punching and the positioning hole.
7)Shearing peripheral shape.
8) Material injection molding.
11.What are the advantages of the IMR process?
1)Integrated Molding, simplified production process, reduce production/inventory costs and man-power, Shorten product manufacturing cycle, improve production efficiency.
2)All Kinds of reliability testing are the highest level of the industry to ensure the stability and durability of products.
3)High automatic production ensures a stable production of high-quality products.
4)Automatic printing and environment-friendly ink are adapted to meet the requirements of environmental protection.
5)Multicolor printing, wood grain, carbon fiber, metal color system, etc. Product surface texture and pit grain can be colored at the same time.
12.What’s the process of In-mold decoration?
3） take module
13.What are the drawbacks In-Mold decoration?
The in-mold decoration is not suitable for low volume or bulk unstable products.
There is always a long development cycle, especially when you meet the matching process changes or problems change feasibility.
The cycle often leads to the procrastination of the whole project schedule.
The relatively high development cost is difficult to control the cost of raw materials.
Rework, repair, and bad products can only be discarded.
It is a high production cost of failure.
14.What are the application advantages of UV curable inks In-mold decoration technology?
Automatic printing with high production efficiency;
UV ink curing only a few seconds or more than ten seconds, curing speed is very fast;
It can screen printing more fine lines, high resolution, and thin ink layer, printing area;
Before injection molding, UV ink imprinting if not coated, will not produce imprinting ink “flying oil” phenomenon.
The entire operating system is easy to control, UV ink because the amount of solvent is less, it does not need to long evaporation or drying solvent process, thus, when injection, ink heating will not produce “flying oil” phenomenon.
15.What are the process steps for In-Mould Decoration?
The process steps for In-Mould Decoration are as below:
1)The imprinted film support (roll labels) is positioned within the reach of the mold.
2)The film support is clamped and adjusted by means of a clamping frame and vacuum.
3)The mold closes, and the injection cycle starts.
4)The paint layers of the substrate film combine due to the prevailing pressure and temperature.
5)The finished part is removed while The film is fed for The next cycle at The same time.
16.What is the process of In-Mold Decoration?
The process of in-mold Decoration are as below:
1)Pre-position the in-mold labels (front and back labels) in the label box.
2)When the mold is opened, the plastic container is formed and the label and container become integrated.
3)With the opening of the mold, the front and back labels are sucked up by a robot.
4)Labels printed face inward and solid adhesive face outward are placed on both sides of the mold, and the vacuum holes in the mold attach the labels securely to the mold.
5)When the raw material of the plastic container is heated and sagged into a hose, the mold with the label quickly closed, the air is blown into the hose, so that it is close to the mold wall, when the temperature in the entire mold is still relatively high, the label immediately adjacent to the prototype container solid adhesive began to melt and bond with the plastic container.
17. Why choose Kemal as the In-Mold Decoration supplier?
Kemal can meet your current part specifications, reduce operating costs, and streamline the production process. Helping you achieve your desired results. Kemal can provide free advice on your IMD project. Any inquiries about In-Mold Decoration just feel free to contact Kemal.
18.What affects the In-Mold Decoration process parameters?
The effects of In-Mold Decoration process parameters are as below
1) The Work Piece Design
2) The Selection of sheet materials
3) The Dosage of diluent/Hardener
4) The dryness of the INK
5) The Time Between Printing and injection molding
6) The Injection port
7) The Injection temperature
8) The Selection of thermoplastic materials
9) The Thermoplastic
10) The Injection pressure
11) The Cycles period
12) The temperature of the machine tool
19.What are the important points In injection molding?
1) The shorter the runner, the better. The hot runner is the best.
2) The gate area can be enlarged or a multi-point gate can be taken.
3)Choice of injection material: the higher the fluidity, the lower the injection temperature, the better
4)At the gate location, you can choose to prevent inking ink.
5) Try not to choose the highest stretching position at the intersection point of the projectile.
20.What are the reasons for the easy separation of sheet materials In injection molding of In-Mold Decorating?
The reasons for the easy separation of sheet materials In injection molding of In-Mold Decorating are as below:
1)There is a residual solvent in the ink.
2)Improper control of temperature, pressure, and cooling system of injection molding machine are not control well.
3)The pigment content is too high, or the injection molding process does not match.
4)Ink itself and the combination of substrate fastness is poor
5)The Plastic injection has moisture.